Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Register a Student

Register a Student

Whether you need to register a child for the current 2023-24 school year, or for the 2024-25 school year, please read the information below for our enrollment process.

Kindergarten registration information:

Enrollment continues to grow in the Kirkwood School District, which is why it is important to register early for all grades.  Enrolling early allows time for schools to plan class schedules and placement of classrooms to maintain desired class size guidelines. Children need to reach age of 5 before August 1, 2024, to attend kindergarten for the 2024-25 school year.

Registration information for all grade levels:

Step 1

  • Gather the required information before you begin the registration process. Please note, a valid email address is required to begin the online registration process. If you do not have an email address, you should contact the school in the attendance area in which you reside for an appointment to register in person. Please note, for online registration, it is recommended that a laptop computer, desktop computer or tablet device be used to complete your child's registration. Registration using a smartphone is not recommended. Families, please make sure pop-up blockers are disabled, prior to beginning the online application process.


  • Birth Certificate: issued by Bureau of Vital Statistics - baptismal/hospital certificates are not acceptable - only use the name given and recorded on the birth certificate
  • Proof of Residency: Under Missouri school law (RSMo 167.151), a student must live within a school district in order to attend that district’s public schools without charge. “The term residency shall mean that a person both physically resides within a school district and is domiciled within that district. The domicile of a minor child shall be the domicile of a parent or court-appointed legal guardian."   The student and parent must provide two proofs of residency in the district as follows:
  • List A Documents (submit 1):
    • Deed/Closing Statement
    • Mortgage Statement dated within 30 days of the date of submission
    • Unexpired lease/rental agreement signed by landlord and tenant and includes the address, apartment number and date of rental
  • List B Documents (submit 1):
    • Occupancy permit from City Hall - Parent/Guardian must be the primary applicant
    • Utility bill (gas/electric/water/sewer) - dated within 30 days of the date of submission for verification and including the name, service and mailing address.
    • Real estate tax receipt dated within 1 year of the date of submission
    • Personal property tax receipt dated within 1 year of the date of submission
    • Declaration of Homeowners Insurance

You will also need to submit:

  • Immunization Record: Missouri law states that your child will be excluded on the first day of school if you do not have proof of your child having had these immunization requirements.
  • If applicable: Special Education / 504 Records: (IEP, psychological/ diagnostic evaluation)
  • If applicable: Legal Documents / Court Orders: A copy of the section of the dissolution decree (not the petition) which stipulates custody in cases of parent divorce

Step 2

Step 3

Families that are new to the Kirkwood School District:

Existing families with students enrolled in Kirkwood School District:

  • Log into your parent portal account and click on the menu at the top left.  Select More > Online Registration
  • If you need assistance with your portal account, click here.
  • Existing families can also use the link under 'Families that are new to the Kirkwood School District' if they are having issues with their parent portal account.

There are certain situations in which a family can not complete the online registration process. They include a contract on a house or a lease agreement, but not occupancy of the residence; your name is not on your lease agreement or you do not own your home; your child is not living with a parent or court-appointed guardian; or; you have a foster child, foreign exchange student or are currently displaced. If any of these situations pertain to you, please contact the Office of Student Services at 314-213-6105. For other questions, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.


  • Students entering 9th grade from another school that wish to take honors classes should bring a note from their previous school’s teacher recommending the student for the advanced class.

Any person who knowingly submits false information to satisfy any requirement of this section is guilty of a class A misdemeanor. In addition to any other penalties authorized by law, a district board may file a civil action to recover, from the parent/legal guardian of the pupil, the costs of the school attendance for any pupil who was enrolled at a school in the district and whose parent/legal guardian filed false information to satisfy any requirement of this section (167.151RSMo.).”