URGENT. Change in date for Essential KHS Pick up. Pick up is tomorrow (SUNDAY, March 22)
Due to the Executive Stay at Home Order we have to change our essential pick up day from Wednesday to tomorrow (Sunday).
The times and procedures will be the same as previously scheduled.
Please see below:
Dear Kirkwood High School Families,
Building Access on SUNDAY, March 22 for Essential Educational/Medical Belongings
Kirkwood High School will be open from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. on SUNDAY, March 22nd, to allow students/parents to pick up medications or other essential educational belongings (laptops or books) prior to the extended closure of school. At this point in time, the Kirkwood High School Campus will be closed until April 6. This also includes campus amenities such as athletic fields, gyms, etc.
- DO NOT come to school on Sunday unless ABSOLUTELY necessary (see list below).
- DO NOT come to school on Sunday if you have traveled in the last 14 days to:
- An area designated as Level 3 Travel Health Notice by the CDC
- An area with sustained community spread of COVID-19
- A cruise ship
- Please call the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services 24-hour hotline at 877-435-8411 if you have questions, or visit www.cdc.gov.
- DO NOT come to school if you are exhibiting the following symptoms: persistent cough or difficulty breathing, or if you have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
If you cannot make it to school but are in need of essential items, please email your grade level principal. You can access the KSD Staff Directory here.
Practicing safe social distancing to protect the health and well-being of our entire community, we will be enforcing the following procedures for retrieving items:
- KHS Main Office will be the ONLY ENTRY/EXIT point to access the building.
- Only 1 person/family will be allowed to enter the building! DO NOT COME IN GROUPS
- Follow the schedule based on grade level
- 9TH GRADE: 9:00 - 10:30
- 10TH GRADE: 10:30 – 12:00
- 11TH GRADE: 12:00 – 1:30
- 12th GRADE: 1:30 – 3:00
- Persons are to quickly collect items and leave campus immediately!
LIST OF ESSENTIAL ITEMS:
- Prescription medication, eyeglasses, essential equipment to complete assigned schoolwork (musical instrument, personal device)
- DO NOT come to school to pick up unnecessary items (ex: clothing/outerwear, basic school supplies such as pens and notebooks, lunch box, etc.)