GRADUATION REQUIREMENT: All students are required to pass a minimum of three credits of Math to graduate. One of the four ninth grade math courses must be passed as a graduation requirement.
A fourth year of mathematics will be counted as an elective credit.
NOTATIONS: The following courses are the ONLY courses which may be taken concurrently:
- Regular Algebra II & Regular Geometry (must have earned an “A” in Algebra I and have their Algebra I teacher’s recommendation)
- Regular Precalculus & Discrete Math (with Algebra II teacher’s recommendation)
- Regular Calculus & Discrete Math (with Precalculus teacher’s recommendation)
- Algebra I & Regular Geometry ONLY IF THE STUDENT HAS ALREADY TAKEN ALGEBRA I AND IS RETAKING FOR A BETTER GRADE
- AP Statistics & Regular Precalculus (with Algebra II teacher’s recommendation)
- AP Statistics & Regular Calculus (with Algebra II teacher’s recommendation)
- AP Statistics & Discrete Math (with Algebra II teacher’s recommendation)
- Students may NOT double-up with any Honors or AP mathematics courses, except AP Statistics.
The following recommendation is made for students who have earned a D in Algebra I and want to take Algebra II:
- not take Geometry but instead retake Algebra I
- take Geometry and retake Algebra I concurrently
- take Geometry, and retake Algebra I during the summer before Geometry or the summer after Geometry-moving on to Algebra II if a C is earned in summer school Algebra I.
Students who have not yet taken Algebra I CANNOT enroll in Algebra I and Geometry concurrently.
Math Course Descriptions
Algebra II Honors
Discrete Mathematics A / Discrete Mathematics B
AP Calculus AB
AP Calculus BC
|Course Number||Course Name||Grade Level||Semester or Full Year||Prerequisite|
|MA100A/B||Algebra 1.1 (NOT CURRENTLY OFFERED)||9-12||Full Year||None|
|MA102A/B||Algebra I||9-12||Full Year||Algebra 1.1 OR 8th grade teacher approval|
|MA103A/B||Geometry||9-12||Full Year||Algebra I OR 8th grade teacher approval|
|MA190A/B||Geometry Honors||9-10||Full Year||Algebra I (recommended A) OR 8th grade teacher approval|
|MA200A/B||Algebra II||10-12||Full Year||Algebra I and Geometry OR Algebra II and Geometry concurrently|
|MA290A/B||Algebra II Honors||10-12||Full Year||Geometry Honors (recommended B) AND Algebra I (recommended A) OR Geometry (recommended A) AND Algebra I (recommended A)|
|MA306C||Discrete Mathematics A||11-12||Semester (Fall Only)||Algebra II Honors OR Algebra II|
|MA307C||Discrete Mathematics B||11-12||Semester (Spring Only)||Algebra II Honors OR Algebra II|
|MA302C||Algebra III||10-12||Semester||Algebra II|
|MA303A/B||Precalculus||10-12||Full Year||Algebra II Honors OR Algebra II (recommended B)|
|MA390A/B||Precalculus Honors||10-12||Full Year||Algebra II Honors (recommended B) OR Algebra II (recommended A)|
|MA400A/B||Calculus*||12||Full Year||Precalculus Honors OR Precalculus (recommended B)|
|MA500A/B||AP Calculus AB*||10-12||Full Year||Precalculus Honors (recommended B) OR Precalculus (recommended A) with teacher recommendation|
|MA501A/B||AP Calculus BC*||10-12||Full Year||Calculus (recommended A) with teacher recommendation OR AP Calculus AB (recommended B)|
|MA502A/B||AP Statistics*||11-12||Full Year||Algebra II (recommended B)|