North Glendale Sustainability Plan - 2019 - 2020
Trash Audit over two-weeks to establish baseline (October 2019)
Lunch Audit: Bring vs. Buy to establish baseline utensil and trash use. (October 2019)
Discuss and modify purchase of lunch utensils and waste with district vendor. (October - November 2019)
Bring in recycle bins and begin recycle programming. (October - November 2019)
Issue parent/family communication on reduce, reuse, then recycle. (October, November 2019, January 2020, February 2020, March 2020)
Host a fall plant sale for outdoor pollinator garden. (October 2019)
Develop and start outdoor pollinator garden. (October 2019)
Sustainability Committee and Club:
- Plant team & Kirkwood School Facilities identified area, identify needs for spring planting. Sponsorship talks with Sugar Creek. Parents donation of pollinator plants and some supplies at Fall Plant Sale.
Establish a group of faculty, parents, and other key stake holders in a formal committee to help promote and develop sustainability initiatives. This committee will be quarterly. (November 2019)
- At November meeting announce sustainability committee looking for interested parents and key stakeholders.
- In November, ask NG faculty and staff who is interested in leading in sustainability
Develop professional development opportunities for faculty in sustainability through Webster University. (November 2019 and January 2020-March 2020)
Collaborate with activity clubs and build in sustainability initiatives into their co- curricular plans. (October 2019 - March 2019)
- Sustainability team will work with Greg and other club moderators on low hanging planning and coordination.
Collaborate with Keysor Elementary PTO on an Earth Day Challenge (January 2020)
- Sustainability team will meet with Keysor PTO in January