Before you start, be sure to electronically submit your Research Plan and parent-signed Safety Form to STEAMFestForms@kirkwoodschools.org for pre-approval. All submissions must be sent from a student email address. Once you receive district email approval, you are ready to start your project. This will be done no later than January 26, 2021.
The virtual display is an exciting opportunity for students to:
- Gain experience in preparing real-world technical presentations
- No need to drop off your project at the Fair -- submit it online!
- Go Green by reducing material use and waste
- Save money by not buying display materials
Complete your science fair research as you have in the past, but instead of preparing a physical display, you will prepare an electronic presentation according to the rules listed below. Submit your project electronically by February 24, 2021.
Keynote and Pages will not be accepted. This is due to the Academy of Science St. Louis Science Fair accepting only Word, PowerPoint or PDF's. Both Word and PowerPoint are available for student download from the Kirkwood School District portal.
Virtual Display Rules:
- The project (experiment, research, etc.) must be completed following all guidelines for safety measures, project types, and project categories.
- Two files must be turned in (uploaded) with each virtual display project. Refer to #3 and #4 below.
- PowerPoint for the project presentation. (This is in accordance with Academy of Science St. Louis Science Fair requirements.) No more than 10 slides or pages. It should contain everything that would normally have been displayed on your project board. Pictures, text, and scanned drawings are all acceptable.
- The logbook should be submitted as a Word document -- no more than ten pages. Use the same guidelines as for a project board. Be sure to scan and include the teacher-approved Research Plan and your signed Safety Form -- it's worth 10 points!!
- The logbook and PowerPoint project combined can not exceed 20 pages.
Once your project has been completed, you must submit your virtual project to STEAMFestForms@kirkwoodschools.org no later than February 24, 2021.
Kirkwood judging will be completed on March 9, 2021. On March 10 Kirkwood will post the placement of all participants online. Students that qualify to advance to the ASSLSF virtual fair can then register their project online with the Academy of Science St. Louis Science Fair. Visit www.sciencefairstl.org no later than March 18, 2021 to register.
For questions or comments, please reach out to Keisha Seymour at firstname.lastname@example.org.