WHAT'S THE SAME THIS YEAR . . .
. . . Kirkwood School District is sponsoring the 2020-21 STEAMFest for grades K through 12
. . . Qualified participants will be eligible to advance to the annual Academy of St. Louis Science Fair on-line event
WHAT'S DIFFERENT THIS YEAR . . .
. . . Well, a few things . . .
- ALL PROJECTS WILL BE ELECTRONIC THIS YEAR
- No team projects
- Teachers may submit a “Class” project, but only for grades K through 4
- Only one project per student
- Students are required to fill out a “Research Plan Guide” for pre-approval of their project before starting
- All submissions (forms and project) MUST be sent from student’s email
- Body of email MUST include name, school, grade, teacher
- Addition of new rubric – “Research Paper Division” – for projects on bacteria, virus, fire, or hazardous materials. Students may NOT handle, sample, or test, but can study available data from reliable sources and submit a Research Paper limited to five pages, double spaced
- Expanded Project Categories
Kirkwood will hold a pre-fair as in years past. All participating students must complete a Research Plan and submit it (and parent-signed Safety Form) to STEAMFestForms@kirkwoodschools.org for review. Once the student receives email approval, they may start their project.
Students must submit their virtual project for Kirkwood judging no later than February 24, 2021. No late submissions will be accepted. There will not be an extension as in past years.
Kirkwood’s pre-fair judging will be completed by Friday, April 9, 2021. Kirkwood will share the judging results by email, our district website, and social media.
Students qualifying to advance to The Academy of Science St. Louis Science Fair event will then register their projects online no later than Thursday, April 22, 2021. The deadline for uploading projects with the ASSLSC is also Thursday, April 22, 2021.