Top of Form
New to Robinson for 2017-2018?
Welcome to Robinson! Whether you are a new Kindergarten family, or a family moving into our area with older kids, there are always many questions when starting a new school. We will try to answer, or link you to some answers. Feel free to call the main office for anything!
Frequently Asked Questions from new Robinson families:
Main office number: 314-213-6100 ext. 4301
- Jennifer Sisul ~ Principal
- Christina Wilson ~ Assistant Principal
- Julie Cohen ~ School Counselor
- Indria Harris ~ School Counselor
- Lynn Frierdich ~ School Secretary and Registrar
- Sue French ~ School Secretary
What do I need to do/provide to get registered?
- It may feel like there is A LOT of paperwork required! We will do our best to keep it manageable. Please see this link for detailed information and call Mrs. Frierdich at 213-6100 ext. 4301 for further support.
When will I find out my child's teacher?
If you are enrolling prior to the start of the school year:
- Families will receive a letter from their teacher(s) to be mailed August 1. The reason we wait is due to fluctuating class numbers with summer registrations. We do not want to announce classes, and then have an increase in enrollment necessitating the addition of another section.
If you are enrolling after school has started:
- We typically need at least one day after all of your enrollment paperwork has been completed, to assign a class. Our office will call you with the info prior to your arrival on your student's first day.
- Doors open at 8:25am for kids and breakfast. The tardy bell rings at 8:40am. Dismissal is at 3:35pm.
Is there before and after school care?
- Yes, and it is provided by the Kirkwood School District. Please see this link for details and registration.
What supplies do we need to provide?
- Suggested supply lists are linked HERE.
I am dropping off and picking up my child. What do I do?
How do I get a message to my child's teacher during the day?
- All of our classrooms have phones, but most are turned to voicemail during the day. Teachers do check voicemails and emails as they can during the day, but if you need to get a message to your teacher that is time sensitive, please call the office at 213-6100 ext. 4301 to ensure a message is delivered.
- Please note that as it gets closer to dismissal, it gets harder to ensure messages are relayed. Please plan ahead!
Do I send lunch money? Can my child bring a lunch from home?
- Students have a 20 minute lunch and 20 minute recess. They can choose to purchase a school lunch or bring a lunch from home. There are no facilities for students to heat up or keep lunches cool, so please plan accordingly. Full cafeteria information is listed at this link.
- Lunch money can be deposited via online deposit or kids can bring in cash and deposit in the office.
How does my student access his/her lunch account?
- Each student is provided a 6 digit student number in Kindergarten. They use this number for their Kirkwood career! Yes, even Kindergarten kids can memorize their lunch number! You will get a copy of their number, which they will also use in the library. We of course provide lots of support for them and no one is ever denied a lunch because they can't remember their number!
Bottom of Form
Top of Form
Bottom of Form