Screenings for Children 3 Years 10 months until 5 Years of Age
Due to health concerns brought on by COVID-19, community screening dates are paused at this time for children ages 3 years-Kindergarten.
If you have concerns regarding your child's development, please contact your Parent Educator, or contact Michelle at 314.213.6137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I need to know about screening through Parents as Teachers?
What is developmental screening?
Screening is a way of looking at your child in comparison to the development to other children his/her age. It shows parents if their chlid is developing within the typical range for his/her age or in what areas the child may need support. The developmental screening measures the progress of children in the areas of motor, language and social-emotional development. A hearing and vision test will be included in the screening.
If an area(s) is found to be developing more slowly than typical, we will suggest activities that you can use in strengthening the area(s) of concern. Recommendations for diagnostic testing will be suggested for those perceived to need further evaluation.
Screenings for Children Birth to 3 Years of Age
A complete annual screening includes development, hearing, vision and health. For children under 3 years of age, there are a few options for a child to acquire their annual screening.
Families actively receiving visits from a parent educator have the follow options:
- Developmental screening is offered in the home during a family visit.
- Health Review is offered in the home with a parent educator.
- Hearing and Vision Screening is offered in the home with a parent educator OR by appointment with Nurse Patti at Kirkwood Early Childhood Center . Sign up for the screening with the nurse is on this website or by calling the PAT office at 314.213.6137.
Families that are particpating in PAT lite (not actively working with a parent educator) have the following options:
- Developmental screening is offered in the home after child receives the hearing and vision screening from the nurse at Kirkwood Early Childhood Center. Families can request a screening through their previous parent educator or by calling the PAT office at 314.213.6137.
- Health Review is offered in conjunction with the developmental screening in the home with a parent educator.
- Hearing and Vision Screening is offered by appointment with Nurse Patti at Kirkwood Early Childhood Center. Sign up for the screening with the nurse is on this website or by calling the PAT office at 314.213.6137.
**DUE TO SAFETY MEASURES EMPLOYED AT KECC AS A RESULT OF COVID-19, NO VISITORS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE AT 314.213.6137 OR EMAIL MICHELLE @ MICHELLE.BOLDT@KIRKWOODSCHOOLS.ORG WITH QUESTIONS. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE**
THE VISITOR IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM USED BY THE DISTRICT IS IN PLACE. VISITORS MUST BRING IN IDENTIFICATION WHEN CHECKING INTO KECC'S OFFICE.
THANK YOU FOR KEEPING BUILDING SAFETY A PRIORITY!