Students taking Lifetime Fitness will learn activities essential to overall health and wellness. Activities include fitness walking, running, weight
training, aerobics, yoga, pilates, stability and bosu balls, resistance bands, jump rope and other fitness-based activities based on teacher
discretion and available facilities. The course is designed to develop a student’s desire to pursue and plan for lifelong physical fitness.
Grade Level(s): 9th-12th grades
Related Priority Standards (State &/or National):
- Missouri Physical Education Grade Level Expectations (2007)
- MOAPHERD Missouri Physical Education Grade Level Expectations (2016)
- National Standards for K-12 Physical Education
- What concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics are related to movement and performance?
- How can I achieve and maintain health-enhancing levels of physical activity and fitness?
- How can I demonstrate responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others?
- What is the value of physical activity?
Enduring Understandings/Big Ideas
Students will responsibly and cooperatively work together to achieve a (course, unit, skill) goal with focus, effort (grit), and consistency, where each student develops an intrinsic appreciation for the pursuit of wellbeing.
Course-Level Scope & Sequence (Units &/or Skills)
Unit: Individual Lifetime Wellness Activities
Students will understand and participate in a variety of activities that promote lifetime fitness.
- Jump Rope
Unit: Strength & Conditioning
Students will understand and participate in a variety of activities that promote lifetime strength and conditioning.
- Fitness Walking
- Circuit Training
- Cross Fit
- Super Sets
- Giant Sets
- Resistance Bands
- Weight Training
- Stability and Bosa Balls
- Exercise Routines
Date Last Revised/Approved: 2018